Saturday, May 19, 2012

mothers day

I had my very first Mothers Day and I loved it. First I woke up to breakfast in bed and then Grant gave me this cute little card he made with daddy's help (OK daddy made it) that said "I love my mommy" inside.  Gavin and Grant also gave me this adorable white wicker chair I've been wanting for the front patio and three pots of red geraniums, one of my favorites.
We went to the blessing of my newest niece Ariadne MacGregor where my brother in law Brandon gave her a beautiful blessing.  I was able to take some pictures of this beautiful little baby girl after church.  She is just so sweet and precious.  
For dinner, Gavin and Brandon planned this amazing 4 course meal, complete with a little bubbly (Martinellis).  They set the table with place cards and everything and Gavin was our waiter while Brandon cooked.  We had parmesean chicken, pasta salad, breadsticks, a jello salad, asparagus and a strawberry buckle for dessert.  It was fantastic.
I just love being a mom. It's my calling in life.  Some women will be rocket scientists, some will be best selling novelists, some will be chefs in fancy New York restaurants and some will find a cure for cancer.  Me, however, I will just be a mom and there is nothing in this world that I would rather be or do because that is the noblest calling I could be called to do; it is a gift. This is what I've been asked to do, this is my purpose, this is me.
                                       











3 comments:

  1. How sweet of them to treat you like a queen on Mother's Day! What a great hubby you've got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo sweet. Grant is a lucky little guy to have you for his Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great mother's day! Glad you got to spend it with some other mothers in the family- and get spoiled by the men. :) And great job on the pics of Ariadne- she's a doll!

    ReplyDelete